Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Gorjuss decoupage card

Something a bit different from me today...a card with no stamping! A bit of ink creeped in to distress the edges of the card and papers and to tone down the bright white on the ribbon but the rest is all decoupage.
I received some fabulous new products from The Crafthouse Press to have a play with this week, this card is made using the Love pack of the new Gorjuss girls decoupage. Each pack contains two sheets of a 3D die cut decoupage featuring delightful Gorjuss images, plus two coordinating backing sheets, enough to make 4 cards with some leftovers.

The die cut shapes are great and perfect to make a quick but stunning card. To make my card, I cut a card blank with my Nesties and covered the front with some gorgeous coordinations card to match the girls dress.
I then cut a label shape from the turquoise backing paper and layered it with some rafia lace from Quixotic paperie and some of the stripy paper from the kit. I sewed the layers together with my machine before sticking to the card base.
I then got to work adding the decoupage which I embellished with gems. I toned down some white striped ribbon from Paperchase with some Antique linen distress inks and tied it into a box embellishing with a black popper and some black gems. I tied a charm with string to stick behind the ribbon.
As a finishing touch, I added the sentiment and a couple of little Martha stewart butterflies embellished with gems.
It was great fun to do something different for a change. I will be back soon with the other card I made from the pack.
Have a lovely Tuesday.
Jane
x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    This is fabulous and I love the design and colours.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I got these too but popped them in the drawer as sorting out the new house was a priority. Pooh!!! GONNA Play with them next week once I am organised! HAzelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful card Jane, I love how you did the card shape with your nestie!!
    So what did you get from Ally Pally then??
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, this card is just STUNNING..... real dark, mysterious goth feel about it... don't know if that was intended but I just LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Gorjuss decoupage stuff. Stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is, indeed, GORJUSS. What a stunning card Jane. Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! this looks amazing, Jane! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x